Caring for your growing belly
…avoid the bad stuff
Most pregnant women know that what they put (or don’t put) in their bodies is important to the well-being of their growing baby. Whether it’s the right kind of foods, avoiding alcohol, quitting smoking.
But many pregnant women might not know that what they put on their bodies is just as important.
…what about your skin
Most of us apply lotions every day, but we don’t think about what might be passing the skin barrier and being absorbed into our bodies.
With a developing baby in your belly, this is a vital concern.
Because some topical ingredients get absorbed into the bloodstream, there are some you want to avoid. While most commonly used products are completely safe, there’s a handful of ingredients considered potentially harmful to a growing baby.
Be sure to check out the ingredients in the products that you are using and make sure they are safe.
…how to avoid stretch marks
Pregnancy stretch marks are a natural result of the skin around the abdomen stretching out to accommodate a growing belly. They start out as red streaks and turn silvery over time.
It is possible to prevent and reduce the appearance of stretch marks if you act early in the pregnancy.
Here are some tips on how to avoid stretch marks:
- Eat a skin-nourishing diet:
You’re probably already eating healthy, balanced meals to make sure your baby is getting enough vitamins and nutrients.
Incorporating foods that are especially beneficial for the health of your skin can improve your skin’s elasticity, which helps prevent stretch marks from forming.
Add the following foods to your daily diet:
- Foods rich in antioxidants, which help nourish and protect skin. Eat plenty of spinach, blueberries, strawberries, and other fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Foods containing vitamin E, which help protect skin cell membranes. Eat nuts, seeds, avocados broccoli, and collard greens.
- Foods containing vitamin A, which helps repair skin tissue. Eat carrots, sweet potatoes, mango, squash, and red bell peppers.
- Foods containing omega 3s, which help keep cell membranes healthy and make your skin glow. Eat salmon oil, walnuts, and eggs.
- Stay hydrated – drink lots of water:
Water helps detoxify your body and keeps your skin cells plump, which makes your skin healthier and more likely to bounce back from the stress caused by stretching.
- Exercise during pregnancy:
Exercising helps the skin retain its elasticity by improving your body’s circulation.
As an added benefit, exercise will help prevent you from gaining too much weight, too quickly, helping to avoid stretch marks.
Try pregnancy yoga and other low-impact exercises. Yoga and Pilates give you an excellent workout without requiring you to move in ways that may feel uncomfortable while you’re pregnant.
- Gain weight gradually:
Stretch marks happen when you gain a lot of weight, fast.
If you follow your doctor’s guidelines for gaining weight gradually, rather than putting on your pregnancy weight all at once, you greatly reduce the chance that you’ll end up with stretch marks.
- Apply a nourishing skin oil:
Our Liquid Gold Pure Tissue Oil visibly improves the appearance of stretch marks by increasing your skin’s moisture content and by improving the elasticity of your skin.
- Stretch mark prevention: Helps prevent the appearance of stretch marks – during pregnancy, periods of rapid growth, high weight loss or gain – by increasing the moisture content and improving the elasticity of the skin.
- Existing stretch marks: Visibly reduce the appearance of existing stretch marks by increasing the hydration content of the skin and improving the skin’s elasticity.
See clinical Trial results – CLICK HERE…
It’s amazing, a little bottle of sweet liquid magic. Even my super boyfriend noticed how much better they looked. They are paler and more silvery! HURAAH”Emma – Australia
I have tried many different products and even wasted thousands of dollars on treatments with no noticeable results. Frustrated and thinking I’d be covering up my stretch marks forever a friend recommended I try B.O.N.
I purchased a bottle in a final attempt to reduce the appearance of my stretch marks and was pleasantly surprised with the results. After using B.O.N for just one month my skin has become firmer, making my stretch marks much less visible and my skin just feels amazing.
I now have the confidence to show my skin and feel great about it.”Natalie – Australia
Your basket is currently empty.